Alt-Zürich

Names: 
Alt-Zürich
History: 

The daughter colony of Alt-Zürich was located 130 kilometers northeast of Engels and was originally settled by colonists from Zürich.

Church: 

Alt-Zürich was a Lutheran colony and belonged to the parish headquartered in Gnadenflur.

Population: 
 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1889
 
115
 
 
1897
 
303
 
 
1910
 
303
 
 
1920
86*
620
 
 
1922
 
561
 
 
1926**
77
475
221
254
1931
 
523***
 
 

*Of which 85 households were German.
**Of whom 464 were German (72 households: 716 male & 248 female).
***Of whom 498 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.

Map showing Alt-Zürich (1935).