Blumenfeld

Names: 
Blumenfeld
Blumenfeldt
Staro-Lippert
Tsvetochnoye
History: 

Blumenfeld was founded in 1860 by Lutheran colonists resettling from Galka, Shcherbakovka, Kraft, Dreispitz, and Holstein.       

After the 1941 deportation, the town was renamed Tsvetochnoye.

Church: 

The congregation in Blumenfeld belonged to the Lutheran parishes headquartered in Morgentau and Gnadentau. Over the years, there were also Seventh Day Adventists living in the colony.

Notable Individuals: 
Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1888
206
1,215
632
583
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
1,589*
842
747
1908
327
2,797
1,455
1,342
1910
350
2,999
1,507
1,492
1912
 
3,000
 
 
1920
381**
2,687
 
 
1922
 
1,979
 
 
1926***
378
2,184
1,035
1,149
1931
 
2,646****
 
 

*Of whom 1,571 were German.
**Of which 375 were German households.
***Of whom 2,146 (1,020 male & 1,126 female) were German living in 369 households.
****Of whom 2,552 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.

Map showing Blumenfeld (1935).

Panorama of Blumenfeld.
Source: wolgadeutsche.net.

Immigration Locations