Erlenbach (Wiesenseite)

Names: 
Erlenbach (Wiesenseite)
Эрленбах (Wiesenseite)
Шмидт
Schmidt
Базельер
Baseler
Чкалово
Chkalovo
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

The daughter colony of Erlenbach on the Wiesenseite was founded in 1840 by colonists resettling from Meinhard and Philippsfeld along with the Sander family from Basel.  It was located 29 kilometers northeast of Fyedorovka on the right bank of the Mius River.

Today, what remains of the former Volga German settlement of Erlenbach is administratively part of the town of Chkalovo.

Church: 

The Lutheran parish in Erlenbach was served by the pastor from Gnadenflur.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1850
 
 
 
 
1857
 
     
1859        
1889   275    
1891
 
 
 
 
1894        
1897
 
428    
1904
 
 
 
 
1910
 
465
 
 
1920 88* 720
 
 
1922
 
883
 
 
1926 103 710** 343 367
1931
 
916***
 
 

*Of which 85 were German.
**Of whom 701 were German (100 households: 337 male & 364 female).
***Of whom 910 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.

Map showing Erlenbach (1935).