Freidorf (Wiesenseite)

Names: 
Freidorf (Wiesenseite)
Фрейдорф (Wiesenseite)
Фрайхайт
Freiheit
Первомайск
Pervomaisk
History: 

The khutor (farmstead) of Freidorf was founded in 1927, 36 kilometers southeast of Engels. On a map from the 1930s, it is shown with the name Freiheit.

Following the deportation of the Volga Germans in 1941, it was renamed Pervomaisk.  Today, nothing remains of the former Volga German settlement of Freidorf.

Church: 

There was no known religious structure in Freidorf.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1926        
1931
 
1,205*
 
 

*Of whom 1,113 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Map of the Collectives in the Volga German Republic (1938).