Friedenberg

Names: 
Friedenberg
Gololiy
Kulaliy
Mirnoye
Фриденберг
Мирное
Гололы
Кулалы
History: 

Friedenberg was founded as a Lutheran colony in 1860 on the right bank of the Jeruslan River by colonists resettling from Franzosen, Galka, Kraft, Stephan, Schwab, and Anton.

Following the 1941 Deportation, the village was renamed Mirnoye which means "peaceful."

Church: 

The congregation in Friedenberg was part of the parish located at Gnadentau where the pastor resides.

Notable Individuals: 
Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1883
 
1,077
 
 
1888
200
1,149
585
564
1897
 
1,240
626
614
1904
 
1,802
 
 
1910
210
2,209
1,095
1,114
1912
 
3,000
 
 
1920
323
1,988
 
 
1922
 
1,185
 
 
1926*
240
1,351
637
714
1931
 
1,657**
 
 

*Of whom 1,346 (632 male & 714 female) were German living in 236 households.
**Of whom 1,635 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- List of Populated Areas of the Samara Province [in Russian] (Samara, 1910): 350.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.

Map showing Friedenberg (1935).