Gnadenfeld

Names: 
Gnadenfeld
Kirovo
Kliuchi
Kirowo
Moor
Neu-Moor
Кирово
Ключи
Моор
Гнаденфельд
History: 

Gnadenfeld was founded in 1855 by colonists from the Bergseite colonies of Schilling, Balzer, Dönhof, Grimm, Norka, Schwab, and Moor.

By 1910, there were in the colony a prayer house, a parish school, and two windmills.

Today, what remains of the former Volga German settlement of Gnadenfeld is known as Kirovo.

Church: 

The Lutheran congregation in Gnadenfeld belonged to the parish of Brunnental where there was a resident pastor.

Notable Individuals: 
Surnames: 
Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1857
 
 
267
 
1859
65
365
205
160
1886
 
 
 
 
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
119
1,077*
523
554
1904
 
 
 
 
1910
210
1,865
971
894
1912
 
 
 
 
1920
240
1,968
 
 
1926
290
1,668
801
867

*Of whom 1,071 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 218.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.

Map showing Gnadenfeld (1935).

Latitude: 49.066667
Longitude: 8.900000
Latitude: 50.294255
Longitude: 9.029714

Immigration Locations