Gnadenflur

Names: 
Florskaya
Florskoye
Gnadenflur
Pervomaiskoye
Pervomayskoye
History: 

Gnadenflur was founded in 1850 as a Lutheran colony on the left bank of the Bolshoye Karaman River 150 kilometers east of Engels and 15 kilometers north of Fedorovka.       During the 1921 Famine, 15-20% of the population of Gnadenflur perished.       Following the 28 August 1941 Decree, the inhabitants of Gnadenflur were deported on 8 September 1941 to the village of Shmakov, Zalesovsky District, in the Altai Region.

Church: 

The Lutheran parish in Gnadenflur was established on 5 October 1861. It was the headquarters parish, and thus the pastor's residence, for neighboring parishes.

Population: 
Population Table
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1857
68
228
1859
478
1883
552
1889
609
1897
647*
339
308
1904
929
1910
1,046
1920
175
1,199
1922
981
1923
927
1926**
216
1,001
487
514
1931
1,807***
1939
2,479

*Of whom 642 were German.
**Of whom 986 were German living in 207 households (475 male & 511 female).
***Of whom 1,770 were German.

Sources: 

Amburger, Erik. Die Pastoren der evangelischen Kirchen Rußlands (Lüneburg, Germany: Institut Nordostdeutsches Kulturwerk, 1998): 143.Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Russian Settlements in the Years 1917-1941 [in Russian] (wolgadeutsche.net)
- Schnurr, Joseph, Die Kirchen und das Religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen - Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, 1972): 197.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.