Grüntal

Names: 
Grintal
Grüntal
Lugovoye
History: 

Grüntal was a German village founded on the left bank of the Volga River, 75 kilometers south of Engels, between Hölzel and Neu-Warenburg.       When the Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) Hydroelectric Power Station was completed in 1961, the colony of Grüntal was covered by the waters of the resulting Volga Reservoir. The map shows where it used to be.

Population: 
Population Table
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1920
1926
9
35
18
17
1931
Sources: 

Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.