Kana

Names: 
Kana
Kaneau
Kano
Kubanskaya
Kubanskoye
Neu-Kano
Novo-Kano
Кано
Кубанское
Ней-Кано
Новое Кано
Соленая Куба
Solyenaya Kuba
History: 

The daughter colony of Kana was founded in 1860 by colonists resettling from the Bergseite colonies of Shcherbakovka, Schwab, Dreispitz, Holstein, Dobrinka, and Moor. Its name comes from the title of one of the original colonist recruiters: Baron de Caneau de Beauregard.

In March 1930, there was a mass action against those identified as kulaks (wealthy) in Kana. Following the 1941 deportation of the Volga Germans, Kana kept its name.

Church: 

The Lutheran congregation in Kana belonged to the parish headquartered in Gnadentau.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1857
 
 
 
 
1859
 
 
 
 
1888
101
721
354
367
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
739*
368
371
1908
126
1,484
734
750
1910
183
1,535
785
750
1912
 
1,500
 
 
1920
201
1,349
 
 
1922
 
740
 
 
1926**
191
1,075
517
558

*Of whom 725 were German.
**Of whom 1,066 (511 male & 555 female) were German living in 188 households.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.

Map showing Kana (1935).