Konstantinovka

Names: 
Konstantinovka
Konstantinowka
Kopenka
Kottschetnoje
Schilling
History: 

Konstantinovka was founded in 1859 by Lutheran colonists from Schilling, Jost, Merkel, Dönhof, Kutter, and Moor.

Konstantinovia is located along the Yeruslan River, directly across the river from Logniovka, 9 kilometers from Krasny-Kut.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1859
 
211
 
 
1886
 
 
 
 
1889
 
667
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
822*
405
417
1905
 
1,505
 
 
1910
143
1,905
964
941
1912
 
1,800
 
 
1920
150**
1,076
 
 
1922
 
739
 
 
1923
 
830
 
 
1926***
187
941
443
498
1931
 
1,034****
 
 

*Of whom 807 were German.
**Of which 145 households were German.
***Of whom 937 (439 male & 498 female) were German living in 183 households.
****Of whom 1,000 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 220.Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies. Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869. [in Russian]
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Map of the collectives of the Volga German Republic (1938).
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.

Map showing Konstantinovka (1935).

Immigration Locations