Neu-Boisroux

Names: 
Neu-Boaro
Neu-Boisroux
Novoborodovka
Ней-Боаро
Новое Боаро
Новое Бордовое
History: 

In 1848, Neu-Boisroux was founded by colonists resettling from Orlovskaya, Boisroux, Philippsfeld, and Paulskaya.

In 1954, the collective farm "Culture" was established in Neu-Boisroux.

Today, nothing remains of the former Volga German settlement of Neu-Boisroux.

Church: 

The Lutheran congregation in Neu-Boisroux belonged to the parish headquartered in Fresental.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1850
40
283
140
143
1857
39
308
161
147
1859
 
 
 
 
1886
 
 
 
 
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
596*
301
295
1904
 
 
 
 
1910
120
1,109
538
571
1912
 
1,000
 
 
1920
148
973
 
 
1926**
133
633
310
323

*Of whom 593 were German.
**Of whom 630 (309 male & 321 female) were German living in 132 households.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.

Map showing Neu-Boisroux (1935).

Architectural rendering of the Lutheran Church in Neu-Boisroux.
Source: Wolgadeutsche.net via Jorge Bohn.