Neu-Hussenbach

Names: 
Dobrynino
Gaschon
Gashon
Hussenbach
Neu-Hussenbach
Pervomayskaya
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

Neu-Hussenbach was founded as a Lutheran colony in 1860 by colonists from Hussenbach, Dietel, Huck, Norka, and Grimm. It was located along the Gashon River from which its Russian name was taken.

Today, Neu-Hussenbach is known as Pervomayskaya.

Church: 

As of 1910 there was a Lutheran church in Neu-Hussenbach. The congregation there was part of the parish headquartered in Brunnental which is where the pastor resided.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1886
 
 
 
 
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
2,274*
1,137
1,137
1904
 
 
 
 
1910
349
4,179
2,092
2,087
1912
 
6,624
 
 
1920
434**
2,925
 
 
1922
 
2,049
 
 
1923
 
2,060
 
 
1926***
422
2,148
1,040
1,108
1931
 
4,255****
 
 

*Of whom 2,219 were German.
**Of which 428 households were German.
***Of whom 2,142 (1,036 male and 1,106) in 420 households were German.
****Of whom 4,138 were German.

Sources: 

- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province. Samara, Russia, 1910.Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.

Map showing Neu-Hussenbach (1935).

Dairy barn on the Neu-Hussenbach collective farm (1931).
Source: RGAKFD collections, Krasnogorsk, Russia.

Map of Neu-Hussenbach (1888).
Source: Samara Archives.

Architectural rendering of the Lutheran Church in Neu-Hussenbach.
Source: Wolgadeutsche.net via Jorge Bohn.