Neu-Laub

Names: 
Neu-Laub
Neu-Lyaub
Neu-Tarlyk
Novyi-Tarlyk
Novyy-Charlyk
Nowyi-Tarlyk
Ней-Лауб
Ней-Ляуб
Ней-Тарлык
Новый Тарлык
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

The daughter colony of Neu-Laub was founded in 1859 [1860 according to Klaus], and named after Laub, the colony from which the resettlers came. It was located on the right bank of the Nakhoi River, 445 versts from Samara and 4 versts from the nearest railway station at Nakhoi.

By 1910, there were in the colony a Lutheran Church, a school, a brick factory, and four windmills.

Church: 

The congregation in Neu-Laub was part of the Lutheran parish headquartered in Weizenfeld. By 1910, there was a church building in Neu-Laub.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1859
 
 
 
 
1883
 
1,062
 
 
1889
 
1,191
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
1,434
715
719
1905
 
1,857
 
 
1910
278
2,261
1,067
1,194
1920
341*
2,293
 
 
1922
 
1,824
 
 
1923
 
1,898
 
 
1926**
380
1,928
906
1,022
1931
 
2,061***
 
 

*Of which 340 households were German.
**Of which 374 households were German (1,910 total: 896 male & 1,014 female).
***Of whom 2,028 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 216, 221.
- Herdt, Karl. Die Namengebung zweier Woldadeutscher Dörfer, Alexanderdorf und Höh (Alexander-Höh): am Nachoistrom gelegen sowie Episoden aus dem damaligen Bauernleben und Skizzen aus der Steppentierwelt (Espelkamp: K. Herdt, 1983): 14.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies. Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.

Map showing Neu-Laub (1935).

Map of Colonies along the Nachoi River (1860) also showing Neu-Laub.
Source: Die Namengebung zweier Wolgadeutscher Dörfer, 1983 (p.14).