Neu-Müller - 1 (Bergseite)

Names: 
Neu-Müller - 1 (Bergseite)
Danilovka
Danilowka
Deutsch Danklowka
Ней-Мюллер
Даниловка
Ней-Миллер
Дейч-Даниловка
Немецкая Даниловка
German Danilovka
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

This daughter colony of Neu-Müller was also known as Danilovka. It was founded in the 1860s by Lutheran colonists resettling from Stephan and Müller.       

At its height, there was a school and 14 water-powered mills in Neu-Müller.  Today, nothing remains of the former Volga German settlement of Neu-Müller.

[Another daughter colony (Neue-Mühle, aka Neu-Müller) was founded south and west of here, along the Ilovlya River.]

Church: 

Those living in Neu-Müller were served by the Lutheran parish in Stephan where there was a resident pastor. There was no church or school building in Neu-Müller.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1920
 
411
 
 
1926
68
334
157
177
Sources: 

- Mink, A. N. Historical and Geographical Dictionary of the Saratov Province [in Russian] (Saratov, Russia: 1898): 215.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Sallet, Richard. Russian-German Settlement in the United States (Fargo, ND: North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, 1974).