Neu-Zürich (1)

Names: 
Neu-Zürich (1)
Novo-Zorkino
Zurikovskii
Ней-Цюрих
Ново-Зоркино
Цюриховский
Комсомольское
Komcomolskoye
Pervomaiskoye
Первомайское
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

The daughter colony of Neu-Zürich was located 14 kilometers northeast of Fyedorovka on the right bank of the Bolshoi Karaman River 130 kilometers northeast of Engels and was originally settled by colonists from Zürich. The inhabitants were all Lutheran.

Following the deportation of the Volga Germans in 1941, the settlement was renamed Komcomolskoye. When it was incorporated into Pervomaiskoye is unknown.

Church: 

Neu-Zürich was a Lutheran colony and belonged to the parish headquartered in Gnadenflur.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1889
 
145
 
 
1897
 
232
 
 
1910
 
232
 
 
1920
103*
679
 
 
1922
 
657
 
 
1926
65
352**
178
174
1931
 
683***
 
 

*Of which 97 households were German.
**Of whom 351 were German (64 households: 177 male & 174 female).
***Of whom 678 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.