Rosendamm

Names: 
Martzovo
Martsy
Marzovo
Mortsy
Rosendamm
History: 

Rosendamm was a daughter colony founded in 1849 along the main railway line 26 kilometers southeast of Fedorovka.  The original re-settlers came from the colony of Schaffhausen. In 1853 and 1856, additional re-settlers from Biberstein arrived in Rosendamm.

The colony's land allotment was 2,670 desyatina.

Church: 

Rosendamm was a Lutheran colony that belonged to the Gnadenflur Parish.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1850
 
77
 
 
1857
79
174
 
 
1859
 
 
 
 
1883
 
1,000
 
 
1889
 
1,070
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
1,217*
617
600
1904
 
1,817
 
 
1910
 
2,042
 
 
1912
 
2,200
 
 
1920
305
2,182
 
 
1922
 
1,989
 
 
1923
 
2,048
 
 
1926**
366
2,103
1,030
1,073
1931***
 
2,103
 
 

*Of whom 1,207 were German.
**Of whom 2,096 were German (363 households: 1,026 male & 1,070 female).
***Of whom 2,022 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 313.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.

Map showing Rosendamm (1935).