General Galarza, Departamento Gualeguay, Entre Ríos Province

Names: 
San Guillermo
Estación Gral. Galarza
General Galarza
Villa General Galarza
History: 

The town of General Galarza was founded on 5 October 1912. It was named after army soldier of Francisco Ramirez and J.J. de Urquiza.

Several Volga German families later settled in General Galarza.

Volga German Congregations: 

On 27 September 1925, the Evangelical Congregation of Galarza (Lutheran) was founded. The congregation is affiliated with the Iglesia Evangelica del Rio de la Plata (IERP).

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in General Galarza:

Bender
Bernhardt
Bruner
Degraff
Eckert from Huck
Ehrlich
Eichmann
Engel
Franz
Gauss
Gelhorn
Groh
Hock
Jakob
Kainer
Klein
Klos
Kreuz
Kroger
Maier
Mohr
Reichel from Dietel
Rein
Schenfeld
Schimpf from Galka & Neu-Galka
Schlotthauer
Schmidt
Schneider
Sinner
Stegmann
Unrein
Weber
Weinmeister from Dietel
Werner from Galka
Zwiener
 

Volga Colonies: 
Sources: 

Elena Vega Stehle

Entrance to General Galarza
Source: www.gral-galarza.com.ar

Map of General Galarza
Source: www.gral-galarza.com.ar

Lutheran Church (IERP) in General Galarza
Source: Leandro Hildt

Confirmation at the Lutheran Church in General Galarza
2 March 1958 with Pastor Riffel
Source: pastorjakobriffel.blogspot.com

Volga Colonies