San Salvador, Departamento San Salvador, Entre Ríos Province

Names: 
San Salvador
History: 

San Salvador was founded by Colonel Pedro Miguel Atanacio Malarín in 1888, and officially became a town on 25 December 1889. Volga Germans settled there.

Volga German Congregations: 

In 1928, the Congregational church of "St. John the Evangelist" was constructed. A Lutheran Church was constructed in 1970.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in San Salvador:

Asmus from Oberdorf
Bohl / Pohl from Huck
Eckert from Huck
Fink from Hussenbach & Nikolaev (Caucasus)
Heidel from Huck
Heinz from Oberdorf
Kaltenberger from Oberdorf
Kling from Oberdorf
Schneider from Oberdorf
Schwindt from Kraft & Nikolaev (Caucasus)
Stehle from Oberdorf
Weigandt from Huck

Sources: 

Elena Vega Stehle

Confirmation Class of the Congregational Church in San Salvador (7 November 1954).
Pastor Friedrich Schneider (right).
Source: Elena Vega Stehle.

Map locating San Salvador
Source: Wikipedia.

Map of San Salvador
Source: Wikipedia.

Volga Colonies