St. Marys, Pottawatomie/Wabaunsee Co., Kansas
The town of St. Marys, Kansas, straddles the county line between Pottawatomie and Wabaunsee Counties. It was platted 8 August 1866 and officially incorporated on 8 October 1869.
St. Marys is located about 20 miles northwest of Topeka and many families from the Volga German communities in Topeka moved to St. Marys over the years.
St. Marys Academy
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around St. Marys:
Bucholz from Mariental
Glick from Mariental
Seitz from Mariental & Semenovka
Schwalia (spelled different ways)
- Northeastern Kansas Chapter, AHSGR