Huntley, Yellowstone Co., Montana
The village of Huntley was named for S.O. Huntley, a partner in the stagecoach firm of Clark & Huntley. It was located at the head of navigation on the Yellowstone River. The first steamboat arrived there in 1875, but the river traffic was infrequent. Huntley lent its name to the Huntley Project, an irrigation project in southern Montana that was established by the United States Bureau of Reclamation in 1907.
Huntley was settled by Volga German immigrants from Kautz.
- German Lutheran Church
- German Methodist Church
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in or around Huntley:
Kober from Susannental
Huntley Cemetery (FindAGrave.com)