Wauseon, Fulton Co., Ohio
Wauseon was first settled along the newly laid Michigan Southern Air Railway in 1853. It was named after the native chief, Wauseon, who once lived in the county. Because of the railroad, the village soon grew larger than the county seat Ottokee, and took over as county seat in 1869.
In 1886, a group of Volga German immigrants from Dönhof settled in Wauseon in northwestern Ohio.
Emmaus Lutheran Church
Trinity Lutheran Church
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Wauseon:
Detterer from Dönhof
Frank from Dönhof
Haas from Dönhof
Keller from Dönhof
Lichtenwald from Dönhof
Lind from Dönhof
Stromberger from Dönhof
- Sallet, Richard. Russian-German Settlement in the United States (Fargo, ND: North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, 1974): 57.
- USA Settlement List (Patricia Miller)