Alva, Woods Co., Oklahoma
The town of Alva was established in 1893 as a land rush office along the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway. It was named for railroad attorney Alva Adams who had become the governor of Colorado. The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Alva: Abel / Ebel Brickmann Eichman Fehrer from Norka Geiger Jaekel Jauk / Yauk from Norka Lehl from Norka Schimpf / Shimp Windecker
Coming soon . . .
Donovan Reichenberger, "Alva," Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture (www.okhistory.org)
Alva Municipal Cemetery (FindAGrave)