Anton Bäcker, son of Georg Bäcker, was born in Ronshausen on 3 November 1705. He married there to Anna Barbara Bachman, daughter of Georg Bachman, on 15 August 1728. She died in Ronshausen on 4 July 1761. They have one known son, Johann Georg, who was born in about 1729. He married Elisabetha Wingold, the daughter of Caspar Georg Wingold, on 19 April 1751, and they have two known children: (1) Johannes, born 11 May 1752, and (2) Elisabeth, born 24 November 1761.
Anton, his son son, and his son's family immigrate to Russia. Along the way, Anton marries on 11 May 1766 in Büdingen to Maria Catharina Peuscher. The 6 members of the Bäcker family arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum aboard a ship under the command of skipper Johann Skott on 29 August 1766.
Through the years, this surname has taken a variety of spellings including Backer, Becker, and Baker.
- Mai, Brent Alan & Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767): Origins and Destinations (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 83.
- Parish records of Büdingen.
- Parish records of Ronshausen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 272.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 236 & 238.