There appear to be two as yet unrelated families that immigrated to the German colonies along the Russian Volga River.
(1) Nicolaus Barthelmes, teacher and son of Heinrich Barthelmes, was born 2 May 1711 in Dresselhof. He married Maria Barbara Heitzenröder. They and their children immigrated to Russia arriving in Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766. Nicolaus and Maria Barbara both appear to have died before arriving in Walter. Their sons Nicolaus and Georg Bartholomäus arrived in Walter on 10 September 1767. Nicolaus is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 17 and Georg in Household No. 103.
(2) Georg Elias Bartolomas was born 19 Jan 1727 in Gersfeld, the son of Friedrich Heinrich Bartolomas and Anna Raab. He married Veronica Trapp on 10 Jan 1758. Their first child, Agatha, was born in 12 Oct 1758. The three of them traveled to Russia; Veronica died during the trip and Georg married Elisabeth Schoessler. Their son Adam Georg, born in Walter, moved to Frank.
- Parish records of Gersfeld (Archion.de)
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 299, 318.
- Pleve, Igor. Bartholoma Family Chart.