Johann Adam Friedrich (some sources record Johannes Adam), son of Johann Adam Friedrich (b. ca. 1690) & Anna Elisabetha (surname unknown), was born 5 March 1722 in Georgenhausen, Dieburg, Hessen. He was a professional soldier and married 3 January 1743 to Anna Elisabetha Breitwieser (b. ca. 1725). In February 1747, he married in Georgenhausen to Anna Maria Witzler, daughter of Johann Jacob Witzler (b. 12 November 1676) and Anna Barbara Roth (b. 12 January 1684). Anna Maria was born 24 June 1723 in Rossdorf (bei Darmstadt), Hessen, and baptized there on 27 June 1723.
Records in Rossdorf (bei Darmstadt), Hessen, mention one child born to the first marriage:
- Anna Margaretha (b. 13 December 1746; d. 29 April 1752)
There are nine children recorded in Rossdorf (bei Darmstadt), Hessen, for the second marriage:
- Maria Catharina (b. 27 August 1748) with a note that she was born in Holland and baptized by the itinerant Pastor Winckel.
- Johann Germann (b. 9 November 1749)
- Johann Wilhelm (b. 11 November 1751)
- Johann Georg Peter (b. 30 January 1754)
- Maria Margaretha (b. 20 January 1756)
- Johannes (b. 23 September 1758)
- Johann Anthon (b. 1 November 1760)
- Anna Catharina (b. 29 May 1763)
- unnamed stillborn son (25 January 1766)
Adam Friedrich and his second wife Anna Maria arrived in Laub on 12 July 1767 with only four sons: Johann Hermann (age 19); Johann Wilhelm (age 17); Johann Peter (age 13); and Johannes (age 10). However, their eldest daughter, Maria Katharina, appears to be recorded in the 1798 Census of Laub, Household Number 53, married to Christoph Krieger.
- Franze-Merlau, Christel. Familienbuch Rossdorf bei Darmstadt (Darmstadt: Deutsche Ortssippenbücher, 2004): 179 & 804.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga Vol. 1 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): 666.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 23.
- Ramge, Helmut. Familien in Georgenhausen, Dilshofen und Zeilhardt von 1695-1900 (Darmstadt: Deutsche Ortssippenbücher, 1993): 72.