Johann Casper Habermann, son of Johann Philipp Habermann, was born 16 Jul 1719 in Hüttengesäß, west of Gelnhausen. He married Barbara (maiden name unknown). Among their children are: Johann Ernst baptized 20 December 1757 in Hüttengesäß.
The Habermann family immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766. Johann Casper died in route to Russia. The remaining family members settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 1 July 1767 where they are recorded on the 1767 Census in Households No. 8 and 86.
Descendants of this family are still living in Balzer on the 1798 Census in Households No. Bz003, Bz072, Bz080, & Bz095.
- Bonner, Wayne. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 11, 12, 36, & 63.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Parish records of Hüttengesas.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 1999): 74 & 98.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 203.