Johannes Michael Hainbüchner, son of Lorenz Hainbüchner & Anna Margaretha Kißner, was born 5 May 1741 in Neustadt, a small German village northeast of Höchst im Odenwald. He married in the neighboring village of Sandbach on 21 April 1765 to Anna Margaretha Hegeny, daughter of Johann Georg Hägni & Anna Maria Hamann. She had been born in Neustadt on 13 August 1739. The couple had one daughter, Elisabetha Catharina (born 11 January 1766), who died before they left for Russia.
Johannes Michael and his wife arrived from Lübeck on 29 January 1766 in Oranienbaum, Russia, aboard the ship Appolo. Anna Margaretha died during the journey to the German colonies along the Volga River, and Johannes Michael remarried to Anna Maria Weber, the widow of Johann Heinrich Rödiger. They arrived in Frank on 1 September 1767 and recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household #101.
-Gieg, Ella. "Neue Erkenntnisse zur Auswanderung nach Russland 1766."
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): entries 7450-7459.
- Parish records of Sandbach.
- Parish records of Vielbrunn.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 435-436.
- Pleve, Igor. Heimbigner Family Chart.