Rausch (Yagodnaya Polyana)
Johann Kaspar Rausch was born about 1741 in Helpershain, south of Alsfeld. He left for Russia in 1766 and married Anna Maria Hünergarth, daughter of Johann Adam Hünergarth, in Büdingen on 19 June 1766. She was also from Helpershain. They arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the galliot Die Perle under the command of skipper Thomson.
They arrived in Yagodnaya Polyana on 1 September 1767 with no children, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 11. The couple were both still living at the time of the 1798 Census, and are recorded in Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. Yp09.
- Die Geschichte der Wolgadeutschen vom Vogelsberg zur Wolga (Alsfeld, Wiesbaden: Die Albert-Schweitzer-Schule, 1990).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): entries 6942-6943.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 95.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 176.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 398.