Georg Heinrich Schreiner, son of Johannes Schreiner & Anna Elisabeth Ruppel, was baptized on 20 April 1747 in Engelrod, southwest of Lauterbach. He married Anna Barbara Schmidt.
In 1766, they were granted permission to immigrate to Russia, and arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity with skipper Thomas Fairfax in command. They arrived in the colony of Kraft on 18 August 1767, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 14. They are still recorded in Kraft on the 1798 Census in Household No. Kf58.
- Hessische Staat Archiv Darmstadt, Signatur F27 A 23/46.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Parish records of Engelrod.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 397.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): Document No. 1800.
Edward F. Wagner