Maienheim is a khutor (farmstead) located about 45 kilometers south-southeast of Engels. It was founded in 1926 by families relocating from the colonies of Dehler (150 people), Brabander, Bangert, and others.
In 1942, after the deportation of the Volga Germans, the name of the settlement was changed to Oktyabrskoye.
Today, nothing remains of the former colony of Maienheim.
Maienheim was a Catholic settlement.
- Hagin, M. "Dehler: Ein Wolgadeutsche Siedlung." Heimatbuch der Landsmannschaft der Deutsche aus Russland (1966): 75. [online]
- Map of the Collectives in the Volga German Republic (1938).