Neu-Mariental

Names: 
Lebedevo
Marino
Neu-Pfannenstiel
Neu-Mariental
Novo-Dubovoj
Novo-Krivovka
Ней-Мариенталь
Марьино
Ней-Пфанненштиль
Ново-Дубовой
Maidorf
Майдорф
Лебедево
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

Neu-Mariental was founded in 1864 as a Roman Catholic colony and named after the Mother Colony from which most of the resettlers came. It is located 7 versts from Alexanderhöh.

As of 1910, the colony had a Roman Catholic Church, a school, and 3 windmills.

Today, what remains of the former colony of Neu-Mariental is administratively connected to the village of Lebedevo.

Church: 

The congregation in Neu-Mariental belonged to the Roman Catholic parish headquartered in Liebental where there was a resident priest.

There was a wooden church built in Neu-Mariental in 1867.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1857
 
 
255
 
1888
122
595
305
290
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
634*
320
314
1905
 
793
 
 
1908
130
1,053
533
520
1910
194
1,149
563
586
1912
 
1,300
 
 
1920
164
969
 
 
1922
 
432
 
 
1926**
132
729
352
377
1931
 
1,047***
 
 

*Of whom 628 were German.
**Of whom 724 (350 male & 374 female) were German, living in 131 households.
***Of whom 1,028 were German.

Sources: 

- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 313.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.

Map showing Neu-Mariental (1935).

Neu-Mariental's Catholic Church.
Source: Heimatbuch, 1972.