Neu-Walter

Names: 
Neu-Walter
Sverdlovo
Walter-Chutor
Walter-Khutor
Свердлово
Ней-Вальтер
Вальтер Xутор
Waulderkuder
Mother Colonies: 
History: 

Walter-Khutor was founded as a khutor (farmstead) by colonists from Walter. Today it is larger than its parent colony in size and population.

Walter-Khutor was located outside of the boundary of the Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic of the Volga Germans. Today this former Volga German settlement is known as Sverdlovo.

Church: 

The congregation located in Walter-Khutor belonged to the parish headquartered in Frank.

There was a Bethaus (prayer house) located in Walter-Khutor. It was used as a school during the week and served as the church on the weekend. The building is still standing. It was restored in 1992 and serves as the community center, dance hall, and library for the town.

Population: 
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1850
 
 
 
 
1857
 
 
 
 
1859
 
 
 
 
1886
 
 
 
 
1891
 
 
 
 
1894
 
 
 
 
1897
 
 
 
 
1911
125
1,100
537
573
1920 144* 1,303
 
 
1922
152
1,323
644
669
1926
208
1,516
757
759

*Of whom 142 were German.

Sources: 

- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.

Lutheran Church in Walter-Khutor when it was dedicated (ca. 1903-1905)
Source: Jean Roth.

Belfry near the Lutheran Church in Walter-Khutor.
Source: Jean Roth.

The former "prayer house" in Walter Khutor (2013).
Source: Maggie Hein.

Former church in Neu-Walter (2011).
Source: wolgadeutsche.net.

Former church in Neu-Walter (2016?).
Source: Jorge Bohn.