Christ Lutheran Church - Walla Walla
Christ Lutheran Church was founded in 1896 by twenty-seven families who left Emmanuel Lutheran Church. In December of that year, its first church building was built at 140 West Maple Street. Originally, they shared a pastor with the congregation at Emmanuel. In 1904, a larger building was constructed on the same site.
In 1921, twenty-five members left to form Peace Evangelical Church.
On 1 August 1954, a new building was dedicated at 1420 South Second. The former church building is currently a Four Square Church.
Christ Lutheran is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
140 West Maple St.
Walla Walla, Washington
1420 S. Second Ave.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
The following pastors have served the congregation of Christ Lutheran:
Carl Wellsandt (1913-?)
A.K. Bethmann (1940-?)
Bob McCoy (1987-?)
Joel Q. Ley (2005-?)
- History of Christ Lutheran Church (online)