Ebenezer Congregational Church - Lincoln
In 1915, a group of families led by Rev. J.F. Grove decided to withdraw from the Zion Congregational Church and form a fourth German Congregational Church in the newly developing area of southwest Lincoln. The new church was named the German Ebenezer Evangelical Congregational Church and was accepted into the Nebraska Congregational Conference. A building was constructed on the southeast corner of 8th and B Streets. All services and activities were conducted in the German language until English was introduced in the 1930s. Not until the 1950s was the use of German eliminated completely.
Today, the congregation is affiliated with the United Church of Christ and is called Ebenezer United Church of Christ.
801 B Street
Lincoln, NE 86502
Ebenezer has been served by the following pastors:
- Ebenezer Congregational Church (Nebraska State Historical Society)
- "Liste der Deutschen Kongregationalen Gemeinden." Illustrierter Kirchenbote Kalender 1926 (Redfield, SD: Redfield College Press, 1926): 65-71.
- "Namenliste der Prediger und ihre Adressen." Illustrierter Kirchenbote Kalender 1926 (Redfield, SD: Redfield College Press, 1926): 76-79.
The parish records of members, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and burials for Ebenezer Congregational Church covering the years 1915-1981 are available on microfilm at the Nebraska State Historical Society.