First German Congregational Church - Lincoln
The First German Congregational Church was organized in Lincoln, Nebraska, among a group of German immigrants from the Volga area of Russia. Regular services were held in rooms of the Park School building from May of 1888 until 1889. The congregation was led by Adam Traudt, a student from the Chicago Theological Seminary who left his studies for a year to minister to the spiritual needs of these people.
Under the direction of Dr. M.E. Eversz, the superintendent of the German Conference, a church with an adjoining school building was erected at 234 West F Street and dedicated on 24 March 1889. In 1900, the Rev. E.C. Osthoff and some forty families were granted letters of dismissal to organize the German Congregational Zion Church.
234 W. "F" Street
The following pastors have served the congregation of First German:
- First German Congregational Church (Nebraska State Historical Society)
The parish records of ministerial acts (baptisms, marriages, burials) for First German Congregational Church covering the years 1889-1977 are available on microfilm at the Nebraska State Historical Society.