First-Plymouth Congregational Church - Lincoln
On 19 August 1866, First Congregational Church was organized in what was then known as Lancaster, Nebraska. The name of the town was changed to Lincoln a year later. In 1869, the congregation completed its first building at 13th and L Streets, where the Cornhusker Hotel is now located.
In 1887, First Congregational Church was instrumental in the establishment of Plymouth Congregational Church. Its location was at the corner of 17th and A Streets. First was set out 45 members to form Vine Congregational Church in 1890.
In 1923, First and Plymouth merged and chose the name First-Plymouth Congregational Church. It used the Plymouth congregation's building, but with a combined membership of 1,073 a new facility was needed. A new church building was dedicated on 5 April 1931 on the corner of 20th and D Streets. That structure continues to serve as the central building of the First-Plymouth physical facilities.
First-Plymouth is a member of the United Churches of Christ.
13th & L Streets
2000 "D" Street
Lincoln, NE 68502
First-Plymouth has been served by the following pastors:
Otis E. Young (1972-2006)
Nancy Erickson (2004-)
History of First-Plymouth Congregational Church (online)