Friedens Lutheran Church - Lincoln
German Evangelical Lutheran Friedens Church was organized on 15 February 1907 by the Revs. E. Pfeiffer and Luther P. Ludden. The congregation built a church at the corner of 6th and D Streets which was dedicated on 1 December 1907. A fire in 1925 destroyed the second steeple at the west end of the church, which was not rebuilt, and as a result, a balcony along the south wall of the church was removed. This building is still in use by the congregation.
540 D Street
Lincoln, NE 68502
Friedens Lutheran Church has been served by the following pastors:
Herman Goede (1946-?)
Gordon Jorgensen (1977-1983)
Fred Wolff (1985-1991)
Delmar Klover (1992-2004)
- Friedens Lutheran Church (Nebraska State Historical Society)
The parish records of membership, baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, and burials for the Friedens Lutheran Church covering the years 1907-1985 are available on microfilm at the Nebraska State Historical Society.