Holy Ghost Catholic Church - Sharon Springs

The first Catholic services held in Sharon Springs were in 1877 by Father V. Sommereisen who came out from Hays. Mass was held in 1907 in an old brick schoolhouse. Father Joseph Hughes was the first resident priest.

The first church building was erected in 1916. It was located on 2nd Street, four blocks west of Main Street. The second church, located on Main Street, was dedicated 16 April 1952.

First Location:

2nd Street
Sharon Springs, Kansas

Current Location:

403 N. Main St.
PO Box 190
Sharon Springs, KS 67758-0190
785.852.4984

Pastors & Priests: 

The members of Holy Ghost Catholic Church have been served by the following priests:

Fr. Ziegenfoose
Michael Dreiling
John Schmitt
Joseph Roy
John Wolf
Henry Guesenhues
Peter O. Bergeron
Patrick Cronin
Joseph Hughes
Clement Kruse (?-1957)
William Kilian (1957-1958)
Ignatius Manzo (1958-)
Basil Torrez (?-1976)
John Walsh (1976-1980)
August Moeder (1980-?)
Norbert Dlabal
Sources: 

- Dioceses of Salina, Kansas
- The History of Wallace County, Kansas (1991).

Holy Ghost Catholic Church
Sharon Springs, Kansas