Iglesia de San José - San José (La Pampa)
A Catholic chapel was built of adobe in San José in 1912 across the street from the present building. Father Matthias Saxler served as the congregation's first priest. The corner stone for the San José Catholic Church was laid on 31 October 1926 and dedication held on 21 April 1929. The architect was Salesian Father Ernesto Vespignani. The altar was a single piece of Carrara marble carved by the Mahlknecht brothers in Austria. The church was declared a Provincial Historical Monument on 12 August 1983.
There was a resident priest in San José until 1968. The parish has been served by priests who reside in Barón since then.
The Iglesia San José has been served by the following priests:
Joseph Fuchs (1930-1933)
Guillermo Wasel (1933-1939)
Francisco Grzezik (1939)
Guillermo Wasel (1940-1946)
Wilmuth Adolfo (1946-1951)
Carlos Riedrich (1951-1956)
Honorio Gildenberger (1956-1959)
Carlos Riedrich (1959-1962)
Honorio Gildenberger (1962-1968)
Carlos Riedrich (1968-?)