Saint Peter Lutheran Church - Pine Island
Land was purchased for a church on 11 February 1898. St. Peter Lutheran Church was incorporated on 5 June 1901 by Volga German immigrants from Yagodnaya Polyana who had settled nearby Pine Island.
In 1912, some members left St. Peter's to form St. Paul Congregational Church and built a new building about half a mile away on Little Brooklyn Road.
The orignal St. Peter's church building burned down on Christmas Eve of 1917 and the present edifice was erected in 1918. A large fellowship hall and Sunday School rooms were added in 1968.
The church cemetery is located just over a mile from the church on Little York Road.
PO Box 147
Warwick, New York 10090
St. Peter Lutheran Church has been served by the following pastors:
Phillip N. Sallach
Travis Yee (2008-2015)
Tim Anderson (2015-)
- Warwick Historical Papers, Vol. 6, Part 2 (reprint from Warwick Valley Dispatch)