St. John's Congregational Church - Lincoln
Evangelical St. John's Church was organized in 1907 by a group of Volga Germans in the "North Bottoms" area of Lincoln, Nebraska. The congregation belonged to the Evangelical Synod of North America until it became independent in 1926.
In 1949, it joined the German Congregational Association of Nebraska and then became a member of the United Church of Christ when that body formed in the 1960s.
In 1967 St. John's United Church of Christ merged with nearby Salem United Church of Christ to form Faith United Church of Christ. The new church occupies the old Salem buildings and the St. John's property was sold.
10th & New Hampshire Streets
- St. John's United Church of Christ (Nebraska State Historical Society)
The parish records of membership, baptisms, marriages and burials for St. John's United Church of Christ and its predecessor congregations covering the years 1907-1967 are available on microfilm at the Nebraska State Historical Society.