St. Paul Lutheran Church - Campbell
The congregation known as St. Paul Lutheran Church (later seems to have been known as the German Lutheran Church) was active very soon after the arrival of the first immigrants from Kolb. Franz W. Scheibel had been the schulemeister in Kolb and was the leader of the group that came to Campbell. In Russia, his role had been to stand in for the pastor when one was not available, and once in Nebraska the new congregation was also in need of a pastor. They ordained and installed him as their pastor on 14 January 1877.
Franz Wilhelm Scheibel