Wartburg Lutheran Church - Fresno

This congregation was organized by Volga German immigrants on 20 November 1904 as the Evangelical Lutheran Wartburg Congregation. A church building was erected in 1905 under the leadership of Rev. Feich.

The Wartburg Lutheran Church was demolished with the construction of Highway 99 through Fresno.

Pastors & Priests: 

The Wartburg congregation was served by the following pastors:

Ludwig Horn (1904-1905)
Heinrich S. Feich (1905-1906)
W. J. Roehmer (1906-1911)
John Gutleben (1911-1912)
Hermann Rippe
Felix Felician Fritzler (1916-)
G. Wenning
J. C. Bitter (1923-1953)
Sources: 

- Vandor, Paul E. History of Fresno County, California: With Biographical Sketches of the Leading Men and Women of the County who Have Been Identified with Its Growth and Development from the Early Days to the Present (Los Angeles: Historic Record Company, 1919): 827.
- Wartburg anniversary booklets