Banfield, Partido Lomas de Zamora, Buenos Aires Province (Buenos Aires Metro Area)
In 1873 Banfield railway station was opened south of the Buenos Aires city center. It was named after the Englishman Edward Banfield, the first general manager of the British-owned railway company Buenos Aires Great Southern Railway. On 19 August 1873, the first plots of land in the area were advertised for sale and extensive development took place from the 1880s onwards.
Volga German families moved to this area of the city from the Provinces of Misiones, Entre Ríos, and La Pampa.