Espartillar, Saavedra Partido, Buenos Aires Province

Names: 
Espartillar
History: 

The village of Espartillar was founded on 8 November 1910. Its first inhabitants were Spanish and French. They were joined shortly thereafter by the Volga Germans who are now the majority group in Espartillar.

Volga German Congregations: 

The new Roman Catholic church was constructed in Espartillar under the leadership of Father Santiago Bakker.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in Espartillar:

Aman from Hölzel
Gareis from Köhler
Graff from Volmer
Hipperdinger from Hölzel
Krieger from Volmer
Leonhardt
Rausch from Semenovka
Rickert from Köhler
Roth from Kamenka
Schamberger
Schechtel from Josefstal
Schönfeld from Pfeifer
Urban from Kamenka
Wagner
Walter

Pastors & Priests: 

Until 1940, the Catholic parish in Espartillar was served by priests from nearby Arroyo Corto. Then the following priests have served the local community (including the surrounding communities of Cascada, Pasman, and La Conquista:

Santiago Bakker (1940-1953)
Alberto Kolman (1956-1960)
Mariano Markiewicz (1960-1964)
José León Thiel (1964-1974)
Guillermo Zeitler (1974-1985)
Eugenio Tunkel (1985-2001)

Since 2001, the parish has been served by priests from Pigüé.

Sources: 

- Obituaries published in Argentinisches Volksfreund

Pre-Volga Origin

Parish Hall & Catholic Church in Espartillar.

Train Station in Espartillar.

Volga Colonies