Merlo, Partido de Merlo, Buenos Aires Province (Buenos Aires Metro Area)

Names: 
Merlo
Villa San Antonio del Camino
History: 

Merlo was founded as the village of Villa San Antonio del Camino in 1755 by Francisco de Merlo (1693-1758) and rebuilt by Juan Dillon with the opening of a train station on 11 August 1859.

Volga German families from Lucas Norte and ChaƱar moved to Merlo, a northwestern suburb of Buenos Aires.

Pre-Volga Origin

Merlo Train Station (1880).
Source: Mariano Acosta.