El Potrero, Departamento Gualeguaychú, Entre Ríos Province
Colonia El Potrero was originally known as Villa Carlota bei Gualeguaychú, located near Gualeguaychú.
The first service in El Potrero was held in a barn belonging to John Koch on 17 July 1913 by itinerant pastor Anton Ohlert. This congregation is now affiliated with the German Evangelical Church in the Rio de La Plata (IERP). The first church building was on land donated by the Reichel family and was dedicated on 23 June 1953 by Pastor Riffel. The present building was constructed on land belonging to John Spomer was dedicated on 21 June 1967. It is located on the corner of Calle 1 & 9.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in El Potrero: Auer Beilman Bohl from Huck Damer Eckerdt from Huck Heidenreich from Huck Henscheid Hornus Huck from Huck Koch from Huck Kroh from Hussenbach Michel from Huck Mohr Preiss Reichel Sack from Huck Scharton Schneider from Hussenbach Spomer from Beideck Volmer Wagner Zitterkopf from Huck
Leandro Hildt Fabian Zubia Schultheis.
Coming soon . . .