La Colorada Chica, Departamento Caleu Caleu, La Pampa Province

Names: 
Colonía La Colorada Chica
Colonia Nuestra Señora del Rosario
Colonía San Rosario
Colonía Santa Rosario
La Colorada Chica
Nuestra Señora del Rosario
History: 

Colonía La Colorada Chica was founded right on the border of La Pampa Province and Buenos Aires Province, on the La Pampa side. It also went by the name "San Rosario" and the school there today bears this name.

Under the leadership of Father Teodoro Krämer, 72 Volga German families came to the area in 1920. Each was alloted 100 hectars and a lot for exploitation of the salt that was available in the area. A church and a school were constructed for the settlers.

In the early 1930s, there were several years of drought, and many Volga German families left this area and settled in more populated communities in the area such as Jacinto Arauz, Villa Irris, and Algarrobo.

Volga German Congregations: 

There is a small Catholic church that is all that remains of the Colonía La Colorada Chica.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in La Colorada Chica:

Beilmann
Eberle
Gallinger
Gottau
Graff
Haberkorn
Holzmann
Kemmerer
Klein
Masson
Mayer
Ramburger
Roth
Rowein
Schwalje
Sewald
Stremmel
Swenzel

Sources: 

- Minetto, José Francisco. "Por la señal de la cruz: Inmigración y Colonias de alemanes del Volga en La Pampa."
- Nestor Haberkorn
- Obituaries published in Argentinisches Volksfreund

Pre-Volga Origin

Catholic church in Colonía La Colorada Chica.
Source: Nora Cavallaro.

Catholic church in Colonía La Colorada Chica.
Source: Sergio Bertinat.