Imbituva, Imbituva Municipality, Paraná

Names: 
Imbituva
Santo Antônio do Imbituva
History: 

Imbituva is both a town and a municipality in the Brazilian State of Paraná. It was originally founded in 1871. In 1881, the town was given the name Santo Antônio do Imbituva (St. Anthony of Imbituva). In 1929, the shortened name of Imbituva was adopted. Volga German Lutherans settled in this area.

Volga German Congregations: 

In 1892, the Igreja Lutherana de Imbituva (Lutheran Church of Imbituva) was founded by Volga German families. The first pastor, Johannes Dehmlow (wife: Christina Ulrich), served this parish from 1895-1905. He was followed by pastors from the Associação Evangélica de Comunidades which covered the Brazilian States of Santa Catarina and Paraná. Since 1943, this congregation has been affiliated with the IELB (Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Brasil). The congregational name today is Comunidade Evangélica Luterana Ressurreição de Imbituva (Resurrection Evangelical Lutheran Church of Imbituva).

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in Imbituva:

Dehmlow
Filp from Katharinenstadt
Funk
Löffler from Kaneau
Neuwirth from Rosenheim
Reimann
Rusch
Scheidt from Rosenheim
Schneider from Rosenheim
Stephan
Wien

Sources: 

- Helfenstein, Janaina. As artes de casar: o Matrimônio dnere os luteranos da cidade de Imbituva, Paraná - 1942-1959 (2013).
- Helfenstein, Janaiina Cristiane da Silva. Desvendar Gerações: Famílias Luteranas de Imbituva, Paraná - 1940-1959 (2012).
- Schwab, Carlos Alberto. Resumo Histórico e Genealogia dos Alemães do Volga. Ponta Grossa, Brazil: C.A. Schwab, 1997.

Pre-Volga Origin