Taquari, Taquari Municipality, Río Grande do Sul
The parish of Taquari was founded in 1764 in the vertile valley of the Rio Tibiquary (Tibiquary River). The name means "river of bamboo" in the language of the native people of the area.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in Taquari: Akwa (Aqua) from Neu-Kolonie
- Akwa, João Vicente.